ENROLMENT FOR SEPTEMBER 2017
Safety on Exiting the School
- It has come to our attention that some parents are meeting their children at the top of the steps at home time and then exiting, with the children, through the car park gates. This is at a time when staff are also exiting in their cars. In the interest of safety, the children have been informed that they must exit through the pedestrian gates. We ask for your cooperation in this matter.
- As exiting the school is a very busy time, and safety is our priority, we ask people who are collecting children not to enter the school grounds with dogs.
- Please remember the importance of safe parking when dropping and collecting your children from school each day. Particular care should be taken on wet days. We ask all parents to take note of the traffic restrictions around the school. The Zig Zag lines that are directly outside the school gates are there to provide a clear space for the children to cross where they can see traffic and traffic can see them,
- The law states that you cannot STOP, WAIT or DROP OFF passengers on these Zig Zag lines.
- Dogs, on a leash or not, are not permitted on the School Grounds
- Unfortunately dog fouling on the school grounds has become a problem in recent weeks. Kildare County Council Litter Warder has been notified of the problem. So please remember, scoop the poop of run the risk of a fine.
- For hygiene reasons, towels are not provided in the children’s bathrooms. We remind parents to provide each child with a small hand towel (a face cloth should suffice). This should be kept in the child’s school bag in a small plastic bag or wash bag and should not be shared with anyone else. Please ensure that the towel is changed and washed regularly
- It is most important that children are in the school yard for assembly at 9.00a.m. For safety reasons children should not arrive in the school grounds before 8.45 a.m as they are not supervised before that time.
- Children should wear school tracksuit on designated PE days only. Full school uniform should be worn on all other days.
- If your child contracts a contagious illness or any condition that is likely to affect others, please inform the school.
- We ask all parents to ensure that their children are adhering to the school's Healthy Eating Policy. For more information check out pages 50 and 51 of 'Your Child in Scoil Mochua' or click here for our Healthy Eating Policy.
Internet Use at Home
- Following a number of recent incidents, we strongly urge parents to monitor closely their children’s use of internet and social media sites. It is essential that parents set clear guidelines for their children in the use of the internet and they should discuss regularly the inappropriateness of posting hurtful and upsetting messages. Parental co-operation and guidance is essential in this area. For further information check out www.webwise.ie and www.internetsafety.ie
- It is imperative that parents restrict their children to age appropriate material regarding Playstation, Computer Games and movies. It has come to our attention that children are watching and engaging with material that far exceeds their age group. Again parental vigilance in this area is absolutely essential.